How to Pay for a VPN Anonymously
- 1 How to Pay for a VPN Anonymously
- 1.1 The Safest Ways to Buy a VPN Anonymously
- 1.2 Do I Need to Buy a VPN Anonymously?
- 1.3 Using Bitcoin
- 1.4 Using Other Altcoins
- 1.5 Using Gift Cards
- 1.6 About Anonymous Payments
- 1.7 How to Pay for a VPN Anonymously?
- 1.8 Why Buy a VPN Anonymously?
- 1.9 Disadvantages of Buying an Anonymous VPN
- 1.10 The Pros of Buying a VPN Anonymously
- 1.11 How To Buy a VPN Anonymously
- 1.12 Should One Pay for a VPN or It’s Better to Use Free VPN?
- 1.13 Conclusion
- 1.14 FAQs
- 18.104.22.168.1 Can I use my debit card to buy a VPN?
- 22.214.171.124.2 Is it safe to use a VPN paid anonymously?
- 126.96.36.199.3 Can I use my PayPal account to buy a VPN?
- 188.8.131.52.4 Is it safe to use Bitcoin to pay for my VPN?
- 184.108.40.206.5 Should I pay for creating a Bitcoin wallet?
- 220.127.116.11.6 What is the average common VPN price?
A VPN is a tool that encrypts your internet connection and routes it through a server in another location. This has some benefits:
The Safest Ways to Buy a VPN Anonymously
Most people are happy to use a credit card or their PayPal account to pay for their VPN. However, there are some users who require maximum anonymity. Paying for these types of services with your personal accounts leaves a paper trail. Even no-log VPN providers store payment details, including account numbers and billing addresses.
Do I Need to Buy a VPN Anonymously?
For most people, this extra layer of anonymity is not required. Using a non-logging VPN service is typically all the security you need, as there is no link between your activity and your account anyway. However, if you firmly believe that you would be safer and more secure if you purchased your VPN through an anonymous source, there are a few ways you can do so safely.
Bitcoin is one of the most popular ways to pay for a VPN anonymously, however Bitcoin is not as anonymous as you may think. One of the biggest advantages to this payment method is that the exchange rates are close, so there is very little cost added. When you purchase VPN services using gift cards, however, there is often a markup of around 25 percent charged to you.
There are three basic steps involved to pay with Bitcoin:
- Create a wallet – most VPN providers require you to have a BitPay compatible wallet extension, so keep that in mind when you are looking for wallet software
- Buy Bitcoins in the amount you need
- Transfer them from your wallet to the VPN provider by selecting the Bitcoin payment option
Some wallets also act as exchanges, which can make buying Bitcoin very easy, especially for first-timers. In other cases, you may have to go searching for an exchange. Coinbase and Changelly are two exchanges that are easy for beginners to navigate while also offering access to other types of cryptocurrency.
Using Other Altcoins
While Bitcoin is still the most popular anonymous payment method, some VPN providers are now accepting other altcoins, like Ripple, as well. If you hold cryptocurrency or are involved in the crypto-market, it may be worth investigating which coins are accepted to get the best deal on your subscription.
Using Gift Cards
Some VPNs also accept gift cards as a payment method. If you want to make anonymous payments but are nervous about wading into the world of cryptocurrency, gift cards are a great option. Not all providers accept this type of payment, so be sure you double check before you purchase your card. If they do, making a payment is relatively easy:
- Navigate to the “Buy VPN” portion of the site
- Select a gift card brand to check the exchange rate. Most people find that you get the best value if you purchase a gift card from a major company like Walmart for $50.
- Once you select the card, you can check the balance. If you don’t like the rate, you can return to the previous menu to check another card
- When you find a rate you like, just hit “Pay” and you are all set
About Anonymous Payments
Many VPNs do not let you subscribe to its services while connected to another VPN. If you want maximum anonymity when making your payment, consider doing so from a library or other public WiFi hotspot.
Remember that when you pay for your VPN, or any service, anonymously, you cannot set up recurring payments. This means that you must manually make a payment each time one is due. To avoid service disruption, most people opt to go with the longest subscription length possible. If you don’t have the funds up front, make a note of renewal dates so you don’t forget. Some VPNs do send out reminders, prompting you to log in and renew, so check with your provider to see if that is an option available to you.
While not everyone needs to purchase their VPN anonymously, being able to do so does give you extra security and comfort.
How to Pay for a VPN Anonymously?
The use of VPN services has become prevalent in recent years. You can get access to blocked content, streaming platforms, online games banned in your country and better prices in online stores with the help of the service.
But, is VPN worth it if one day someone will be able to find out all your actions on the network because of your VPN service? Today, there are many cases of data leaking to the web due to hacked VPNs or leaking data by authorities.
Is there anything that can help to fix this problem? Of course, there is! To solve this problem, you need to purchase a VPN anonymously. In our article, we will tell you how to buy a VPN without a trace. We will also cover the topic of the disadvantages and advantages of anonymous purchasing, and a little about free VPNs.
Why Buy a VPN Anonymously?
A VPN is a tool that encrypts your internet connection and routes it through a server in another location. This has some benefits:
- It makes it difficult for your ISP to track your online activity.
- It can allow you to access geo-blocked content.
- It can make you more anonymous online.
But why would you want to purchase a VPN anonymously? After all, isn’t the whole point of a VPN to keep your data private?
Yes, that is the point of a VPN. But there are a few reasons why you might want to buy one without a trace.
The first reason is that some countries need VPN providers to keep logs of their users’ activities. If the government wants to see what you’ve been up to, they can request those logs from the VPN provider.
The VPN provider will have no way of connecting your account to you If you buy a VPN incognito. This means that even if they wanted to give the government your logs, they wouldn’t be able to.
The one more reason is that some companies keep track of who buys VPNs. They do this because they want to sell that information to advertisers. By anonymously buying a VPN, you can ensure that your name isn’t added to any lists of VPN users.
Disadvantages of Buying an Anonymous VPN
If you are weighing the pros and cons of anonymously buying a future VPN service, we will help you. Purchasing a VPN service completely anonymously has a few disadvantages. A few cons we can focus on are the following:
- Preparing for an anonymous VPN purchase is time-consuming and complicated. To buy a VPN service anonymously, you must use a bitcoin wallet. To do this, you need to:
- Correctly register an account and wallet.
- Remember all the verification keys.
- Ensure that you are anonymous during the transaction.
Here are all the disadvantages of buying a VPN anonymously. In the next paragraph, we will look at the benefits.
The Pros of Buying a VPN Anonymously
As for the benefits of buying a VPN anonymously, everything is simple. Here’s what you get when you buy a VPN service anonymously.
Confidentiality By purchasing a VPN service anonymously, you can keep your identity. Thus, the service will not be able to save your transaction, card, and other banking operation data. Service Support Many countries don’t provide cryptocurrency taxes. This way, you can subscribe to a VPN with cryptocurrency and the provider will spend all the money into development. They can’t get such an advantage when VPN is paid by credit/debit card because the developer should pay the taxes. And part of the money will go to the state. No Data Leaks By buying anonymously, you can ensure the protection of your:
– IP address.
– Purchasing data.
This way, you can avoid the service hack and all your data leakage to the network. Attackers or government officials can find out who, what time, and from where you bought the VPN service. They can link your data with VPN user data and see what you were doing on the network.
No Online Harassment An anonymous buying eliminates the surveillance on the network. It happens because none of the attackers can find out who owned the wallet from which the person purchased a VPN.
An anonymous purchase has many positive aspects. It helps users keep their data intact and safe, which can help in case of a hacking of VPN service.
How To Buy a VPN Anonymously
When you buy anything online, you always leave a trail that can track your name, email, location, and other essential data for a hacker. The solution to this problem is quite obvious – an anonymous buying.
Once you have weighed the pros and cons of buying anonymously, consider the options available, and choose the most affordable one. In the following blocks, we will tell you about the available anonymous payment methods and what essential factors to consider when buying a VPN service.
You should take into account that an anonymous VPN subscription may need additional tools like:
- Prepaid card.
- SIM card for a phone.
- VPN service for an anonymous purchase in advance.
So, be ready to spend some extra money to get incognito.
Buying a VPN service using cryptocurrency is the most reliable and anonymous way to purchase a subscription to a service. But you must complete necessary steps to ensure the correct procedure and complete anonymity on the network.
To buy a subscription to a VPN service using Bitcoin, you must:
- Have anonymous mail.
- Protect your identity during the registration of a bitcoin wallet.
- Register the required bitcoin wallet.
We will walk you through each step in detail and help you stay completely anonymous online at all times.
For your VPN purchase to be completely anonymous, it is not enough for you to buy a VPN with Bitcoin. Bitcoin registration must be completely anonymous so that no hackers can trace you on the network. To register a bitcoin wallet, you need the email. To do this, use Protonmail as your main email for your bitcoin wallet. Standart Gmail tracks your activity, and Google gives data to the authorities on demand.
Protection While Creating Bitcoin Wallet
Given that you want to be anonymous online, you need a VPN service. But how to be anonymous if you want to buy a VPN service designed for anonymity? Everything is simple. All thanks to other precautions on the network. You have two options to choose from:
- Free VPN service.
- Tor browser.
We do not recommend using a free VPN, as the owners of such services often leak user data to the Internet. This, in turn, can lead to breakage of your anonymity, and the hacker can unravel your secrets. However, if you can be sure about a particular free VPN, you can install this application and use it to register a Bitcoin wallet and buy a paid VPN.
But if you are unhappy with the free VPN, you can use the Tor browser. It is a free program that has proven itself as a means to gain anonymity. The Tor browser uses a triple encryption method, which makes it impossible for you to be detected.
You can use either of these two methods to buy a VPN service anonymously. However, remember that using one of the two services is mandatory if you want complete anonymity.
How to Buy a VPN with Bitcoin
So, you have your anonymous mail and free VPN/Tor ready! Now you can start using one of the best ways to pay for VPN service with bitcoin or another cryptocurrency wallet. We will show you an example using bitcoin. You need to do the following:
- Create a bitcoin wallet that will work with BitPay, as many VPN providers only accept this payment option.
- Purchase the required amount of bitcoin coins.
- Go to your VPN provider’s website and find the provider’s wallet address.
- Copy the address to your bitcoin wallet and pay for the subscription.
If you want to pay for a subscription with other cryptocurrencies, make sure that your VPN provider accepts them.
The only downside to buying a cryptocurrency subscription is the instability of cryptocurrencies on the market. They can rise significantly per dollar when the VPN provider demands the same price in bitcoins. However, the services regularly update the pricing policy in cryptocurrencies to adapt to the market.
Here is an example of popular VPN services that accept cryptocurrency:
- Surf Shark.
- Private VPN.
How to Buy A VPN with Giftcards
One of the best ways to pay for VPN anonymously is gift cards from various stores. This method is completely anonymous since you can pay for the card in cash, making tracking your transaction impossible.
However, it is worth remembering that some gift cards may have a small price markup of up to 25% of the cost.
- Select a VPN service that accepts a gift card.
- Open the provider’s official website and select the option to purchase a subscription using a gift card.
- Buy a gift card from large stores like Target/Walmart.
- Use a gift card.
List of VPNs that still accept gift cards:
- Perfect privacy.
- Private Internet Access.
Prepaid Credit Card for VPN
This method is not the best way to pay for VPN, but people still use it. So, in some hypermarkets, you can buy special prepaid debit cards with a certain amount to spend on a VPN. Make sure you buy a card that you can’t replenish, as those cards don’t require authentication.
Such cards work like regular debit cards, but the place of the transaction and the person cannot be identified. And you can buy the card itself for cash. You can pay for a subscription from anywhere in the world, even offline.
Virtual and Masked Cards
Virtual cards are also among the best ways to pay for VPN services anonymously. To do this, just open a virtual card in the bank, pay for the purchase with it, and close it. The disadvantage of this method is that such cards most often have a limit on the amount that you can spend. The most common amount is $500. However, this is quite enough for several annual subscriptions to the service. And in case of restrictions, you can always close the card and open a new virtual one.
Ask Someone for Help
Also, one of the most anonymous methods is to ask someone to pay for a VPN subscription instead of you. With the help of an online exchanger, send money to a person. This person should then spend that money on a subscription to a VPN service. The only downside to this method is people. This method is extremely dangerous since the person on the other side can deceive you and simply steal the money you send for subscribing to VPN.
You can use this method only if you can trust the person and know them personally. Only in this case will you get your brand new VPN app anonymously and won’t be deceived.
Should One Pay for a VPN or It’s Better to Use Free VPN?
Many Internet users may ask a completely logical question: “Is it worth paying for a VPN service if there are many free private networks on the Internet?”. This question sounds reasonable. It’s because there are many free VPNs on the Internet which can save your money. Downloading a free VPN eliminates the difficulties and settings of an anonymous purchase like this happens in case of paid apps. But there are some nuances you should pay attention to.
Spoiler! In no case should you use a free VPN. It is better to pay for a VPN subscription to a quality service.
Free VPNs can be a great danger both to your device and for you personally (your data):
- Phone problems. Free VPNs are often poorly optimized for devices, which makes their use challenging for users. A phone with a free VPN often drains quickly, slows down a lot, and can turn off for no reason. In addition, the hacker can send malicious codes through a free VPN. Malicious applications can disrupt your phone due to cryptocurrency mining with those codes.
- Leak of data. Since free VPNs do not provide protection, your data may be exposed to the network after the hack of a free VPN. In addition, the developers of free VPN services often sell user data for advertising, which is unlikely to make you happy.
- Advertising. Free VPN apps often have many ads that you can’t skip. Some cases can be just annoying. But sometimes ads will prevent you from activating the VPN toggle switch through the settings without entering the application. This can be much more uncomfortable for the user to use the app.
- Transferring data to an unknown person. Even if the real developers of paid VPNs are rarely known to the public, it would not be very reasonable to talk about the owners of free services. You are giving the resources of your phone to nasty people. In addition, you also will not even have a clue what they are doing with your data and who pays for it.
- Poor data security. The biggest reason not to use a free VPN, as weird as it sounds, is the VPN itself. Often the developers of free services do not have investments. Their encryption and protocols are often outdated, which directly contradicts the main task of the VPN service – to serve as the protection.
As a result, you will not pay a dime for downloading a free VPN, but how can you be sure that your data will not be used against you later as monetary blackmail?
As a result, paying for a VPN anonymously is not as difficult as it may seem initially. By following the best ways to pay for VPN outlined above, you can make your identity confidential when buying and using a VPN service.
Can I use my debit card to buy a VPN?
Yes, you can use your debit card to pay for a VPN anonymously. But make sure that the VPN provider you’re using accepts debit cards as payment. Also, use a prepaid debit card if possible. This will help to ensure that your personal information remains safe and secure.
Is it safe to use a VPN paid anonymously?
Undoubtedly! This is exactly the effect you should achieve when buying a VPN service. If you could buy a VPN service anonymously, you have even more chances to remain completely unnoticed on the network, and no one will notice your actions.
Can I use my PayPal account to buy a VPN?
You can use many different local and international payment methods to pay for a VPN. Many VPN services accept payments made with credit cards, debit cards, online money transfers, PayPal, Bitcoin, and other cryptocurrencies.
Is it safe to use Bitcoin to pay for my VPN?
Buying a VPN service using a bitcoin wallet is the safest way to pay for a subscription to an anonymous service. If you do everything right, you can get maximum security from VPN.
Should I pay for creating a Bitcoin wallet?
For a variety of your needs, free bitcoin wallets are available for all popular devices and operating systems. For instance, you can have a wallet on your computer that is only used for online payments or you can install an app for daily use on your mobile device.
What is the average common VPN price?
VPN subscriptions typically cost $10 per month. However, if you commit to a longer term contract, they are less expensive; on average, annual contracts cost $8.41 per month, while two-year contracts cost $3.40 per month.